Onsite – Fulltime Position
This position serves as an Infant-Toddler teacher for an Early Head Start (EHS) classroom of children 0-3 years of age. The teacher will work collaboratively with his/her partner teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of eight children. The teacher, along with families and colleagues, works to achieve meaningful progress of each child along his/her own unique developmental path and toward Gulf Regional Early Childhood Service’s (GRECS) school readiness goals.
The Infant-Toddler Teacher is responsible for a classroom of children 0-3 years of age. The Teacher will work collaboratively with his/her partner Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 6-8 children. The Teacher, along with families and colleagues, works to achieve the meaningful progress of each child along his/her own unique developmental path and toward school readiness goals.
The Teacher will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions, and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all GRECS employees.
- Infant/Toddler CDA – OR – AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 120 training hours in Infant/Toddler content plus at least 480 hours of experience working with infants and toddlers
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to apply soft skills such as positive thinking, flexibility, resourcefulness, problem-solving, team playing, reliability/dependability, preciseness, etc. in order to effectively complete assigned tasks and contribute to the efficient operation of the child care partner center
- Possesses a passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high-quality early childhood education services
- Experience, training, and skill in assisting the parents of young children to advocate for their children.
- Experience working in low-income diverse communities preferred.
See Full Job Description Here
Other Jobs at GRECS