Get the most out of your training experience!
- Take a break before you come – you will get more out of the training if you are well-rested.
- Eat a snack before you come.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Make transportation arrangements ahead of time.
- Check on your children before class begins.
- Visit the restroom.
- Silence your cell phone. No Texting, please.
- Give all of your attention to the Instructor.
- Save conversations for group discussion times.
- Limit your conversation to training-related topics. You can catch up after class!
GRECS Training Policies
- Training classes are for ADULT participants only. It is not appropriate to bring children to class with you.
- You must pre-register for training classes. On-site registrations, also known as ‘walk-ins’, are not permitted. If you are unsure about whether you are registered to attend a session, contact us before coming to class!
- CHILD CARE CENTERS: When registering multiple people for training, you must complete a separate registration form for each student. A maximum of 5 people from each center can be registered in the same training session.
- When your registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation letter listing the classes in which you have been registered. Bring the confirmation letter to class with you. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please contact us before coming to class to ensure that you are registered!
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Please keep in mind that space is limited in all training classes. For this reason, we ask that cancellations be made by 12:00 noon the day before the training session. Other are waiting for your spot, so please call as soon as you know you will not be attending. Repeated failure to cancel a class may result in restricted enrollment for you in future classes.
- Due to IACET regulations, as well as for safety reasons, the building will be locked and no one will be admitted into the class 15 minutes after it has begun.
- Students are required to actively participate in class. If you have questions about your class performance you are encouraged to talk to the class instructor. Please inform the instructor of any special needs or concerns regarding your performance.
- GRECS issues a Training Attendance Verification (TAV) at the end of the training session. The TAV includes all pertinent training session information – including the date, time and location; DHR, Alabama Pathways, and Child Development Associate (CDA) categories; a summary description and learning objectives; targeted age group for the session; and the appropriate training level. The TAV verifies your attendance at the training session, but does indicate the number of CEUs that you may/may not be awarded.
- CEUs are not awarded to everyone that attends class. CEU’s may not be awarded to students who missed 15% of class time; who do not actively participate; or who do not successfully complete the post test, earning a score of at least 70%. Most students earn at least a 70%, but there are exceptions.
- Your attendance and participation in GRECS training sessions are automatically tracked in our student database and added to your transcript.
- Keep up with your TAV, we cannot print a duplicate for you. If you need documentation of your training, you can request a transcript. Transcripts are only generated at the request of the student. GRECS does not release your information, including training record, without your written consent.
- A record of your training credit will be maintained for 7 years. Transcript requests must be made in writing and addressed to: GRECS, P.O.Box 16005, Mobile, AL. 36616. A transcript handling fee may apply.
- Learning events will be cancelled and/or rescheduled when adverse weather conditions and/or security advisories are identified prior to/or during events at the discretion of the instructor with approval of Gulf Regional Early Childhood Services or other designated senior staff.
- Gulf Regional Early Childhood Services has been approved as an Authorized Provider (provider #1311) by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
- GRECS training is open to all persons regardless of race, national origin, age, sex, political beliefs, or handicapping disability.