Onsite – Fulltime Position
The Head Start Teacher is responsible for a Head Start classroom of 3- to 5-year-old children. S/he works collaboratively with an assistant teacher, family members, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
The Infant-Toddler Teacher is responsible for a classroom of children 0-3 years of age. The Teacher will work collaboratively with his/her partner Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 6-8 children. The Teacher, along with families and colleagues, works to achieve the meaningful progress of each child along his/her own unique developmental path and toward school readiness goals.
- Provide emotional support through establishing a positive climate, being aware of and responsive to children, and encouraging child expression and autonomy.
- Use strategies for behavior management, such as clear behavior expectations, being proactive and redirecting misbehavior.
- Foster classroom productivity and maximize learning time, while engaging children with a variety of modalities and materials.
- Provide instructional support through concept development, fostering children’s analysis and reasoning, engaging in feedback loops, and modeling and supporting high-quality language.
- AA/AS in Early Childhood Education OR BA/BS in Early Childhood Education –OR- state awarded preschool teacher certification with experience teaching preschool-aged children–OR- BA/BS in related field with at least 30 hours in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching children. BA Highly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to occasionally for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Other Jobs at GRECS