How To Apply
Early Head Start Mobile partners with select child care programs to provide quality services to children and families. Partnerships are a formalized relationship in which the child care program agrees to meet Head Start Program Performance Standards and provide actual Early Head Start services. These successful partnerships bring together the strengths of both programs to best meet child and family needs.
Currently, Early Head Start Mobile has classrooms in 4 child care programs – Goodwill Easter Seals, Nina Nicks Joseph Child Development Center, Soaring Eagles Child Development Center and Lighthouse Academy of Excellence and Achievement.
Apply for Early Head Start services!
Early Head Start services are available to pregnant women and infants up to age three.
The application for enrollment in Early Head Start Mobile is available for download below. Once you have completely filled out the application, please contact us (251-473-1060 ext 113) to schedule an appointment for your application to be reviewed.
- INCOME VERIFICATION (year to date check stub) Early Head Start applicants must be income eligible according to Federal guidelines. Families must provide the previous 12 months of income verification (from date of application).
- Birth Certificate
- TANF (award letter or letter from case worker)
- Copy of Medicaid / WIC Cards
- Copy of Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Current Immunization Record (Blue Card)
Eligibility is determined by Early Head Start Mobile staff. Your family may be eligible for Early Head Start services if your family’s income is determined to be at or below the federal poverty level. Programs may enroll some children from families whose incomes are higher than the federal poverty level if they meet other eligibility requirements. Families with circumstances such as homelessness, children in foster care, or receiving TANF or SSI may also qualify for services.