Apply for Head Start and/or Early Head Start services!
Early Head Start services are available to pregnant women and infants up to age three. Head Start services are available to children up to 5 years of age.
The application for enrollment in Head Start/Early Head Start is available for download below. Once you have completely filled out the application, please contact us (251-444-1713) to schedule an appointment for your application to be reviewed.
- INCOME VERIFICATION (year to date check stub) Early Head Start applicants must be income-eligible according to Federal guidelines. Families must provide current proof of income verification.
- Birth Certificate
- TANF (award letter or letter from case worker if applicable)
- Copy of Medicaid / WIC Cards / SNAP
- Copy of Supplemental Security Income – SSI (If applicable)
- Current Immunization Shot Record
- Picture ID
Eligibility is determined by trained GRECS staff members. Your family may be eligible for Head Start and/or Early Head Start services if your family’s income is determined to be at or below the federal poverty level. Programs may enroll some children from families whose incomes are higher than the federal poverty level if they meet other eligibility requirements. Families with circumstances such as homelessness, children in foster care, or receiving TANF or SSI may also qualify for services.
GRECS Head Start and Early Head Start partners with select child care programs to provide quality services to children and families. Partnerships are a formalized relationship in which the child care program agrees to meet Head Start Program Performance Standards and provide actual Head Start and Early Head Start services. These successful partnerships bring together the strengths of both programs to best meet child and family needs.
Currently, GRECS has Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Mobile, Baldwin, Clarke and Escambia Counties.